Hamilton RESIDENTIAL ROOFING REPLACEMENT
Home Sweet Home Solutions is Hamilton Residential Roof Replacement company. We replace more roofs on beautiful homes throughout the state of Virginia than anyone else. What this means to you as a consumer is that you are working with a strong company with a solid long term history of installing new high quality roofs at a fair price. Some of our customers have had us replace their roofs several times due to moving, hail damage, storms or wind. Read some of our testimonials from our customers and you’ll see why Home Sweet Home Solutions is the #1 Preferred Roofing Contractor in Hamilton.
As you begin your research for a roofing contractor, there are several important factors to keep in mind. We want you to be properly prepared and educated before you start. We know that the more you know, the more likely you are to choose Home Sweet Home Solutions for your roofing project. Read our Resume here for more background on Home Sweet Home Solutions.
HOW TO SELECT A ROOFING CONTRACTOR
For Your Protection Ask For:
“Over 1.1 Million Complaints and Lawsuits Were Filed Against Contractors Last Year Alone…Up 62%.” The Wall Street Journal
When you choose a contractor to replace your roof – follow these guidelines to ensure you’ve picked a contractor who will do the job properly:
1. Bank Financial Stability & Character Letter: This signed document from the bank will show you the financial stability and the bank’s judgment of character of the company you are considering. Insist on seeing this letter so that you know that you are dealing with a company that is stable and financially sound.
2. General Liability Insurance Certificate – Not “Self-Insured”: You need to know if your contractor carries general liability insurance for both commercial and residential projects. A sizable contractor will carry no less than $500,000…. and usually around $1,000,000 of coverage. If your contractor’s insurance policy cannot cover potential damages, then the contractor would be personally liable. If he cannot cover the damages himself, you will again have no legal recourse and will end up paying for the repairs or even a new roof yourself. Over three-fourths of roofing companies do not carry proper insurance coverage to protect you against losses.
Hamilton roofing contractor
3. Supplier “LIEN WAIVER” Letter…. UP FRONT!: Don’t be fooled, some might promise you a lien waiver letter, but you must demand that it be given to you UP FRONT, before the job begins…. and certainly before you make your first payment. Very few contractors will be able to provide this ultimate level of consumer protection for you.
4. Current References: All reputable roofers carry pre-printed lists of references…. that includes customers from 1 to 5 years ago, as well as customers from the previous month. Also, ask for suppliers, business references, etc. A roofer should be able to supply, on demand, a comprehensive list of ALL clients served for at least the last 5 years. A three year list of clients should contain at least 5,000 job references.
5. There’s Only 2 Circumstances Where You Should Give Cash Up Front…. And Only 2: Reputable roofing contractors will not need cash up front for 99% of all jobs they do. The only circumstances that would make it necessary are if you special order non-returnable roofing materials, or insurance does not cover your repairs and you have questionable credit. Be careful of contractors who ask for money up front, especially if your roof is standard wood, composition, or tile shingles. This is the number one area of fraud among contractors.
Hamilton roofing contractor
6. Trade Association Certificates of Standing: Belonging to trade associations implies some quality and ethical integrity on the part of the contractor. Associations like the National Roofing Contractor Association and the Roofing Contractors Association of Virginia are common associations.
7. Art Certified Contractor Status Letter: A roofer should be able to produce a certificate stating that he is qualified according to certain standards. There is no national (or local) governing board. The roofer should also be able to produce a list of what those standards are.
8. Use Only Certified Installers On Your Roof: Sometimes a contractor will try to use his certification for his entire staff. Make sure every individual member is certified. Think about it…. the person who really needs the certification is the person doing the job, not necessarily the owner of the company. Ask to see your crew chief’s certified installer’s cards.
9. Compliance to Manufacturer Installation Guidelines: Ask for their certification for technical competency in using the product they are going to apply on your roof. There are several different types of roofs…. and not all contractors are proficient in all of them. Have your contractor produce his letter of certification saying that he has passed all technical requirements to properly install the product on your roof.
Hamilton roofing contractor
10. Quality Inspection Checklist and Walk through – Ask to review their Quality Inspection Checklist. A Certified Inspector should be provided at the completion of the job to review the installation checklist. This walk through should occur prior to making any payment.
We hope this list will give you the knowledge you need to find the best contractor for your roofing project. Read our resume and our customer testimonials to find out more about what sets Home Sweet Home Solutions apart from the other roofing companies in Hamilton.